Saturday 6 July 2013

Mojo Muse



I've used Mojo Monday 300 sketch as a base for my card and taken my inspiration for the colours & textures on my card from the Muse Card Club Challenge #24, Monday Muse: Laurie Willison.






Laurie's colour scheme: green, black and beige/kraft. I scoured my digi papers until I found just the right tones to reflect the Muse card. I inked my stamps simultaneously with black & brown inks and distressed my papers with Antique Linen & Walnut Stain.

Laurie's textures: buttons, thread, woodgrain. I combined two of these by using a button with a woodgrain appearance. I've used my thread is au naturel and died with the brown & black inks.

Laurie's sentiment: hello. My sentiment is in the same vein: thinking of you.


Challenges:

Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge R#131: Sewing Room  [Real Stitches]
Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 300 Celebration
Muse Challenge #24




Supplies

Stamps: Wplus9 Love Birds
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mowed Lawn, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Dies & Punches etc: Wplus9 Love Birds Designer Die, Xcut die Square, Lawn Fawn Circle Stackables
Paper: White card from stash, Sweet Digi Scraps SDS_PerfectU_Paper4, SDS_PerfectU_Paper5, Bella Gypsy Designs bellagypsy_cozyup_pattern10
Highlights: Button, thread used with Sew Easy piercer


Hope you've enjoyed your visit & see you soon.

Forgot to say you can vote for your favourite here: voting will begin at 8:00 am next Monday. Voting ends on Tuesday at 8:00 am. The results of voting will be announced at noon on Tuesday.


6 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch gra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Great colours. Great stamping. Great stitching. This sketch is fabulous isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've incorporated Laurie's colours into this beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with this week's Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super card. Great way to combine those challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful beautiful card for both challenges. Love how you incorporated the elements that inspired you from Laurie's card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)