Tuesday 9 July 2013

Bundle of Joy




I've based my colour scheme on the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger & used the Lawnscaping Challenge #61 Sketch. I've mirrored the ric rac ribbon with my chevrons in orange, yellow & green. There's a slight ombre/rainbow effect as I left some orange ink when I stamped the yellow, cleaned the stamp for yellow, left some yellow to stamp with the green and finally stamped with the green. I love the black wrap on the embroidery thread so had to include a deep black frame for my image plus some kraft card to hold everything together like in the trigger picture.






Fun, fun, fun with lots of dimension, fussy cutting and masking tape diecut clouds. Sequins are used as a highlight on the bundle of joy, for wheels on the pram and as flowers with black enamel dot centres.
There are 7 layers of card, 8 if you include the sequins on top!



Instead of the banner in the sketch, I've had a go at a washi ruffle. There is a lot going on in this card, so I love the see-through lightness of the washi as compared to a solid banner.









Challenges:
Lawnscaping Challenge #61: Sketch
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Scene in Tangerine
The ABC Challenge: Q for Quite a Few- Lots of Layers [7 layers of card, 8 including sequins]


Supplies

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Plus One, Home Sweet Home, Chevron backdrops
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac, Hero Arts tide pool, butter bar and orange soda
Dies & Punches etc: Lawn Fawn Circle & Scalloped Circle Stackables, Home Sweet Home, Memory Box Puffy Clouds, Dovecraft Corner Punch
Paper: White, black & kraft card from stash, Lawn Fawn Bright Side Petite
Highlights: Glossy Accents, Black Enamel Accents, Stickles, Sequins, We R Memory Keepers washi tape, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Colouring: Promarkers & Flexmarkers

Hope you enjoyed your visit and see you again soon :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh it is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge and Here Comes The Boys Challenge. hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I like the stock putting the baby in the carriage and I really like all of the dimension that you added! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, the gradient chevron is gorgeous! Love all the fuzzy cutting and layers, I'd have a baby to get this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love the placement of the star on the bundle! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super sweet take on our sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gra! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)