Saturday 21 February 2015

Smitten



Grá O'Neill Paper Learning Curve: Paper Smooches Good Gab, Quilling


Clare Buswell's fabulous quilling inspired me to try my hand at a simple quilled heart. Clare's quilled creations are amazing and this is my very simple version of quilling. I acquired a quilling tool a few years ago, but never used it. I still haven't as I couldn't find it and had to fashion one out of a toothpick! Not the best start, but it was very enjoyable, I love the tightly coiled pieces of paper. I probably coiled them too tightly as I was enjoying it too much!

Grá O'Neill Paper Learning Curve: Paper Smooches Good Gab, Quilling


This card is very CAS, one layer of cardstock with one graphic image/embellishment made from one thin strip and lots of white space. I had to resist all temptation to keep adding layers- not an easy task for me. I loved it, as a result of my first attempt at quilling a wonky heart. But was it enough? I had my doubts, but I slapped my hands away and I'm proud of my restraint. I now love it because it's so CAS, plus my SIL said it was nice too. We all like to hear nice things.


Challenges:
Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge February 15-21: Anything Goes (Wk3)

http://casology.blogspot.ie/2015/02/week-134-monochrome.html
http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.ie/2015/02/february-15-21-anything-goes-wk3.html
www.papersmoochesstamps.com




Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches Good Gab
Ink: Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black
Paper: Whitecard from stash
Highlights: Quilled heart


Hope you enjoyed your visit & see you again soon.


4 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gra!!! Fabulous CAS card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS. And wonderful monochrome - of course red is perfect. Glad you joined CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with your quilling on your striking card! The simplicity and strong colors are so sophisticated! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very sophisticated and I absolutely LOVE your quilled heart. It is definitely enough and an example of CAS perfection, for sure! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely creation with us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)