Saturday 1 March 2014

Wplus9 Week4 Stretch Paste Wednesday


Wplus9 Onesie Two-sie, Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stamp Stencil

Wplus9 wants us to stretch it and try something outside our creative norm for their Birthday Celebration Week 4.  I've decided to try a shaped card with embossing paste and embossing powder. I love this font from Wplus9, perfect for filling with stickles!  I've used Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripe stencil, but it was smaller than my card base so I had to carefully reposition it to continue the stripes across the card front.

Wplus9 Onesie Two-sie, Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stamp Stencil

I let the embossing paste dry before heat embossing. I found it very difficult to tell when the embossing powder had melted and am not sure if this is a characteristic of the verdigris embossing powder or the embossing powder on the embossing paste. Another possibility of course is that it's just me! Anyhow my project was created on Wednesday in time for my craft club and Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday and Monday Challenge.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Paste
Wplus9 Birthday Challenge Week 4: Stretch It


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-february-2014/http://www.stampawaywithme.blogspot.ie/2014/02/spotlight-challenge-with-sarah-martina.html





Supplies
Stamps: Wplus9 Onesie Two-sie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Dies & Punches etc: Spellbinders Nesting Ovals, Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripes Stencil
Paper: White card from stash
Highlights: white embossing paste, verdigris embossing powder, stickles, ribbon

Hope you enjoyed your visit and see you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Love this shape card! Those stripes look great with the embossing powder and paste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet shaped card! Love it! The embossing powder with the paste looks amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Grá ... way to go 'stretching' to embossing powder over the paste ... love the look! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab! What a lovely design, especially the sweet collar. I find the same when I use my green glittery embossing powder, it just doesn't melt the same, I think it's perhaps too heavy on the glitter and not enough of the embossing powder - mine is Ranger.
    You have done a great job with it, good luck with the challenges!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)