Thursday 20 February 2014

Wplus9 Watercolour WOW


Wplus9 Onesie Two-sie, Woodland Wreaths, Fresh Cut Florals 

My sister had her first baby yesterday, I'll leave you to guess what it is! I wanted to make a special dreamy card for her new baby, so I thought Wplus9's watercolour-made-easy challenge would be a great place to start. I inked up my stamps in a slightly different manner to the Wplus9 tutorial

Stamping:
  • Ink stamp with distress ink & stamp on scratch paper
  • Brush glimmer mister on to stamp and huff on it
  • Stamp on watercolour paper
This seemed to help with keeping the water to a minimum, so that the stamp still showed the fine detail on the onesie. I also prepared a watercolour wash background to mimic the sky as a backdrop for my clothes line and bokeh stamping. 

This baby's gender was kept as a wondrous surprise. I loved this and all the anticipation of the baby's birth. There are so few true surprises, hence I wanted the girl embellishment to be extra special. I embossed the top of the watercoloured die cut letters in clear embossing powder 3/4 times until they had a lovely glassy appearance. Then the bottom in gold WOW embossing powder for a dipped in chocolate look. I also added gold and silver embossed dots to my background.

Wplus9 Onesie Two-sie, Woodland Wreaths, Fresh Cut Florals

Sorry the light levels are are quite low today, but hopefully you can still see some of the shimmer and shine all over the card. It really sparkles.

Wplus9 Onesie Two-sie, Woodland Wreaths, Fresh Cut Florals


Challenges:
Penny Black & More Challenge: February- Make It Sparkle 
WOW Embossing Challenge February: Glass
Wplus9 Watercolour Made Easy


http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.ie/http://www.wowembossingpowder.blogspot.ie/2014/02/february-2014-monthly-challenge.html



Supplies
Stamps: Wplus9 Onesie Two-sie, Woodland Wreaths, Fresh Cut Florals
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, Broken China
Dies & Punches etc: Lawn Fawn Lawncuts Cole's ABCs
Paper: White card and watercolour card from stash
Highlights: silver & clear embossing powder, WOW gold rich ultra high metallic embossing powder, glimmer mist, Lawn Fawn silver sparkle cord, pegs



Can't wait to meet my new niece and my sister in her new role as this little one's mum. Hope you've enjoyed your visit and see you again soon.


5 comments:

  1. this is such a pretty card for a very special occasion! i love the techniques you've used and the little crown and princess sentiment on the onesie. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card, love the idea of the partly embossed die cut letters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card for yoursister and new baby, I am sure she will love it.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous baby card, so lovely.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along at WOW Embossing Powders. Such a lovely card for the new family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)