Thursday 13 February 2014

Wplus9 Step Up Bold Pink


Wplus9 Love Birds

Embossing paste: how did I live without it? I love the depth and texture of the paste which has been coloured with Memento Luxe Love Letter and the jagged edges of the bold stripes which provide drama for the softer graphic image and coordinating sentiment. Glitter de rigueur!

Wplus9 Love Birds

Wplus9 are celebrating their birthday with lots of challenges, this week the focus is on dimension. I've used embossing and die cuts to achieve this. I've kept the embellishments to a minimum to allow the image and sentiment to take centre stage.

Wplus9 Love Birds


Challenges:
The Card Concept Challenge #3: Use Monochromatic Pink
CASology Week 82: Bold
Wplus9 Birthday Celebration Week 2: Step It Up

http://thecardconcept.blogspot.ie/2014/02/challenge-3-use-monochromatic-pink.htmlhttp://casology.blogspot.ie/2014/02/week-82-bold.htmlhttp://stampawaywithme.blogspot.ie/2014/02/birthday-celebration-week-2-step-it-up.html





Supplies
Stamps: Wplus9 Love Birds, Onesie Two-sie
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Tuxedo Black, Luxe Love Letter
Dies & Punches etc: Wplus9 Love Birds, Xcut Nesting Heart Dies, Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripe Stencil
Paper: White card and vellum from stash
Highlights: white embossing paste, Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents


Hope you enjoyed your visit and all your valentine cards are appreciated tomorrow!


9 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is sublime! I'm feeling a bit left behind with this embossing paste trend - your use of it is just fabulous...I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the effect of the embossing paste - it's so modern and cool! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...a lot! You've pushed me over the edge...I'm ordering embossing paste tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gra, this is gorgeous! I love the embossed background and vellum heart. So cool! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grá, another gorgeous card from you. I love the embossing in the background, such a perfect back drop for your very cute birds and sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just jumped onto the embossing paste bandwagon too, Grá, and love love love it!! This card is gorgeous - beautiful differing textures and the three different hearts - it's fab.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Awesome card!! I LOVE the embossing paste!! Looks fabulous!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I think you could be an embossing-paste saleswoman, it sounds like you have converted a whole bunch of blog readers with this post! :) I love your bold pops of pink against the white card base...an awesome card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)