Friday 3 January 2014

Retro Rocket Birthday



Waltzingmouse Stamps Half Pint Heros, SC/ Hero Arts Starburst Background


I love to combine challenges so when I saw the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Colour Challenge and the Retrosketches challenge, a rocket was launched! I wouldn't normally mix reds, peaches and black, but nature does so I gave it a go.  I inked my background with Barn Door, Festive Berries, Antique Linen, Iced Spruce, Black Soot, Potter's Clay and London Fog hoping to achieve a nebulous sky. Over the red portion I masked and misted Starburst Background for the rocket's plume to echo the rays from the sketch. My rocket was coloured with red, peach, gray and beige Promarkers, black enamel, Wink of Stella and Stickles.




Waltzingmouse Stamps Half Pint Heros, SC/ Hero Arts Starburst BackgroundWaltzingmouse Stamps Half Pint Heros, SC/ Hero Arts Starburst Background

I've also taken A Blog Named Hero's Challenge to use 1 & 4: One Hero Arts stamp and 4 Waltzingmouse stamps. I hope you can see all the glittery bits on this card a little better than my last rocket photography attempt.


Challenges:
A Blog Named Hero Challenge #35: 4 & 1 {Heroine}
Retrosketches #95
Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge #8: Colours {Top Three}


http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.ie/2014/01/challenge-35-1-4.html

http://retrosketches.blogspot.ie/2013/12/retrosketches-94_21.htmlhttp://waltzingmousefanaticschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/challenge-8-colours.html


Supplies  
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Half Pint Heroes, Studio Calico/Hero Arts Starburst Background
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Barn Door, Festive Berries, Antique Linen, Ice Spruce, Black Soot, Memento Tuxedo Black, Potter's Clay, London Fog
Paper: White card from stash
Highlights: Glimmer mist, Stickles, Wink of Stella, Black enamel
Colouring: Promarkers
Promarkers




Hope you enjoyed your visit and see you again soon.


7 comments:

  1. What a super combination of challenges! Love the subtle sunray pattern beneath the rocket. Fab sponged background! Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the cute image and the colours look amazing.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - I can see how much fun you had creating your backfground. Love the rays you added over the inking.
    Thanks so much for playing along again.
    Happy New Year!
    Tara
    Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring on your rocket exhaust! what a fun kid card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cool card! I love how you did the background...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your shout out at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is brilliant, I can't believe I'm only seeing this now! Been under a rock! stunning, hope it's ok that I pin it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)